17 August 2007

The Simpsons Movie

I wished I wrote more about me and less about football. Some people wished that, too. The statistics can tell - nobody is reading my blog. But I don't really seem to care. I just continue writing. If anyone finds my blog and read it, I'd be glad. If not, then, well, too bad.

Yesterday I felt happy in advance. I hate working, always eager to go back home at 5, but yesterday there was a bigger driving force, a bigger reason for me to enjoy the night: Liverpool would be playing that night. European nights translates to around 3am in the morning, a burden to me considering I have to go to work the next day, but Liverpool, I don't know why, played Toulouse on a hot afternoon, which is around 10 something pm here. Little do I know there was no excitement or joy to behold, that fucking ASTRO could not get their transmittion correctly and failed to telecast that match live, after all the hope they had given.

Well, at least Manchester United dropped points again. Will do for a consolation.

So anyway this post is not about football.

Last week I went to Kuantan. That is a, around a 2-hour drive from Kerteh. I hate driving, but I had to go there. My training coordinator organized a compulsory bowling tournament among the trainees and some staffs, and had to do it at Kuantan since Terengganu has no bowling alleys. Since I'm already at Kuantan, I might as well catch a movie, since that is also another thing Terengganu doesn't have.

I have no hesitation what to watch: The Simpsons Movie. I like downloading cartoons (though I don't watch animes). I download SpongeBob, SouthPark, but of all the cartoons shown, I think none of them is as funny as The Simpsons. And they have been sort of like the old-timers in this show business. Blink-182, Tony Hawk, countless guests, impersonations of Clinton (Bush I'm not sure) have been featured. 18 years of establishment, of branding, and of building a fan base, finally they came out with their own full-length feature movie.

I can't miss this movie. And I can't download the torrent nor buy the pirated CD. That would be a betrayal to the franchise. To Homer.

Agonizingly, that day The Simpsons Movie had 'sold out'. Wow, three weeks already, and still sold out? I came to the counter, asking when is the earliest show tomorrow.

"Simpsons tak tunjuk kat Kuantan la, dik."

So I watched Rush Hour 3. Yeah, it was fun. I liked Rush Hour since the first one. I remembered watching the CD repeatedly so many times with my brothers, we had memorized the lines in that movie. Chris Tucker, can't recall any other movie that he has played in, I wonder why, because I find him very funny. Some say the spark has been lost, yes, the first one is always better than the sequels, but I laughed my way in that cinema. Probably won't laugh again if I watched it the 2nd time, but good enough to buy the ticket once.

OK that's all I guess. If you have been reading, thanks. I have a lot more to write about myself, but can't recall what I wanted to write about. I don't do new movie reviews, I told you in my previous post. That review just now was very brief, it wouldn't even qualify as a review. I like to watch old movies because they got DVD rip, instead of recorded-from-cinema new movies.

Oh, well, fuck, by the time I get home, they won't be showing The Simpsons Movie anymore. Hate to betray you Homer, but I guess I just have to download it.

1 comment:

  1. loer...tot there was a review of spiderpig....oops=p

    weyh....aku xnk dgr pasal life ko...nk bace pasal bola jer...so juz be a commentator k mie???wakakkaka...i kid i kid[Triumph the Insult Comic Dog nyer laugh]...cter la pasal life ko kat saner dowh...rindu bgt sama luk...mau tau pasal luk lebih lagik<----habis gay bunyik...wakakakakaka~

    ReplyDelete