
So Mourinho left.
People would've said, Andy Gray would've said it was coming, but honestly, to me, it was very shocking.
Back from work, I was watching the UEFA Champions League highlights that Thursday evening, when there was a player who caught my attention - the goalscorer for CSKA Moscow. That guy turned out to be Vagner Love, already a regular for Brazil under Dunga.
Anyways, I went to soccernet.com to know who's that person. The front page was about Mourinho. Wow. I was in total disbelief.
I went to skysports.com. Same story. Wow.
OK let me tell you this: Nobody likes Mourinho, I believe, but at the same time, nobody likes to see him leaving. I hate Manchester United, but when Porto defeated them to en route to their Champions League glory, Mourinho gave a very unfriendly gesture to Ferguson. I thought it was a middle finger or something like that. I started to hate him already at that time.
Soon after, he joined Chelsea. He was a European champion, he was the Special One. Everybody hates his arrogance, and his winning ways. Mourinho took over a squad from Ranieri which already boasted the fat wallet of Abramovich for two years, but he delivered what Ranieri and all other Chelsea managers for fifty years had failed to do so - winning the league.
People hate that he is always winning. He don't care whether it was a 4-0 or a 1-0, it was a brilliant goal or a deflected goal, as long as Chelsea win, and ultimately he delivers. With his winning ways, he has the right to brag, and people hate that. When he loses, he never admits his mistake, but just how often does he lose? In fact, he is still unbeaten at Stamford Bridge in the Premiership (well, I do recall Barcelona beating them at home).
He is good, isn't he? It's a fact, but people hate to admit it. He pretty much shaped the top four, he made the league not winnable at 80+ points. He raised the bar for EPL. People take joy when Chelsea lose, because it is such a rarity. In fact, Chelsea lost less than champions United last season.
About his arrogance, in the early stage, it is annoying, but as people started to grow with it, Mourinho actually colours the league. EPL has never been more colourful, more mind-games than ever before him. Often when something happens, I am eager to know what Mourinho would say tomorrow. People even made spoof dressroom talks of him. I heard one where he threatened Drogba that he will buy Rooney on ebay.
So, Mourinho, I never would've thought I would do this, but it seems that right now I am writing a tribute to you. Wow.
Chelsea, I believe, would be severely paralyzed without him. Stamford Bridge is too small for two big egos, so Mourinho had to make way for Abramovich. His replacement, Avram Grant, does not look like a potential world beater. We'll see.
Well, Mourinho, we'll miss you. Maybe you can consider working as a commentator. That would be great.
People would've said, Andy Gray would've said it was coming, but honestly, to me, it was very shocking.
Back from work, I was watching the UEFA Champions League highlights that Thursday evening, when there was a player who caught my attention - the goalscorer for CSKA Moscow. That guy turned out to be Vagner Love, already a regular for Brazil under Dunga.
Anyways, I went to soccernet.com to know who's that person. The front page was about Mourinho. Wow. I was in total disbelief.
I went to skysports.com. Same story. Wow.
OK let me tell you this: Nobody likes Mourinho, I believe, but at the same time, nobody likes to see him leaving. I hate Manchester United, but when Porto defeated them to en route to their Champions League glory, Mourinho gave a very unfriendly gesture to Ferguson. I thought it was a middle finger or something like that. I started to hate him already at that time.
Soon after, he joined Chelsea. He was a European champion, he was the Special One. Everybody hates his arrogance, and his winning ways. Mourinho took over a squad from Ranieri which already boasted the fat wallet of Abramovich for two years, but he delivered what Ranieri and all other Chelsea managers for fifty years had failed to do so - winning the league.
People hate that he is always winning. He don't care whether it was a 4-0 or a 1-0, it was a brilliant goal or a deflected goal, as long as Chelsea win, and ultimately he delivers. With his winning ways, he has the right to brag, and people hate that. When he loses, he never admits his mistake, but just how often does he lose? In fact, he is still unbeaten at Stamford Bridge in the Premiership (well, I do recall Barcelona beating them at home).
He is good, isn't he? It's a fact, but people hate to admit it. He pretty much shaped the top four, he made the league not winnable at 80+ points. He raised the bar for EPL. People take joy when Chelsea lose, because it is such a rarity. In fact, Chelsea lost less than champions United last season.
About his arrogance, in the early stage, it is annoying, but as people started to grow with it, Mourinho actually colours the league. EPL has never been more colourful, more mind-games than ever before him. Often when something happens, I am eager to know what Mourinho would say tomorrow. People even made spoof dressroom talks of him. I heard one where he threatened Drogba that he will buy Rooney on ebay.
So, Mourinho, I never would've thought I would do this, but it seems that right now I am writing a tribute to you. Wow.
Chelsea, I believe, would be severely paralyzed without him. Stamford Bridge is too small for two big egos, so Mourinho had to make way for Abramovich. His replacement, Avram Grant, does not look like a potential world beater. We'll see.
Well, Mourinho, we'll miss you. Maybe you can consider working as a commentator. That would be great.
Najmie, when MU beat chelsea last sunday...I was like.."I miss Mourinho smug face..And excuse(s) he will give". Darn. I actually think he's a great coach. That's why I dislike him(I regard Ferguson as the best. Haha) . Definitely going to be less drama in EPL this season. Boring.
ReplyDeletemiss the portuguese accent already
ReplyDelete