So Liverpool won again, against Manchester United. First of all, I don't want to play it cool, acting like "Oh another customary victory against the Scums, can't wait for the next match" and stuff, because a win against them is never too big, and I'm not cool, WOOOOOOO! WE WON AGAIN! YEAH! OMG!
In any season, there are two matches bigger than Liverpool making it to the Champions League final, that is the two fixtures against arch nemesis United. Between the two clashes, I have to say the one at Anfield is bigger, because we have to win, compared to the one at Old Trafford, where it is acceptable if we don't win there. The only possibility of a bigger match is still against them, but in a Champions League knockout round. The ultimate highest-stake match that could possibly be set up is against them in a Champions League final.
Few days ago, I said, I would rather trade the 6-1 victory against Hull for five dull 1-0 wins. Now, all the misery is forgotten, I would rather have four straight defeats and a win against ManU than four straight wins followed with a defeat to them (though, said that, I would rather have the former if we would go on and win the title this season!)
Ever heard of the phrase 'running out of superlatives'? This is exactly one of them. It never gets boring. The emotions attached to it is humongous. Rafa quietly singing You'll Never Walk Alone, or Hicks jumping up and down like he knows the real football, Reina already running towards Ngog even before he scored, it was a perfect day.
I always said to myself, a perfect weekend is when Liverpool won and United lost, and what better way could that be.
(Ya, Liverpool lost again. For the fifth time in sixth matches. But oh well. Who cares!)
No comments:
Post a Comment