05 January 2011

Blog is Useless Without Comments

Wow, when was the last time I posted something?

Happy new year to everyone. We would always expect the new year to be better than the previous. I have a few new year's resolution; one of them is to write more. Or more precisely, I want to write more frequent, but in tiny short bits. But not too short like Twitter.

Came a thought to me. Why do people blog? People do things for their own benefit. What would be the direct benefit to themselves when they blog? There's an immediate satisfaction of sharing your knowledge, or simply your life, to other people, anyone interested in knowing. You get to vent out your stress, express your joy, voice your dissatisfaction, or promote good things. People will get to know you better.

Or people might care less. You might care less about people caring less about you. Some people don't even care if no one is reading their blog. They're just happy to write.

But I thought, if you get to express your feelings, what benefit do you get from that? Will your productivity at work increase? Will your social life improve? Or could it be worse? How many celebrities (artists, athletes, politicians etc.) spitted the wrong words on Twitter? As the Malay proverb says, boats are reversible, words aren't.

I always had - and have - ideas. I don't know if they're useful, I don't know if I will do it. If the idea is good, what if I'm too lazy to do it? What if it goes to waste? It came to me, if I want to do something, but I know I won't make the effort to do it, I might as well let somebody else do it. Or if the idea is crap, I would appreciate if somebody come and tell me, "Hey your idea is crap."

Hence, this post's title. I want ideas to be shared, and given feedback. My ideas might be crap, but I wouldn't know, if nobody points it out. To me, my blog is useless without comments. Ironically, this post itself stands at the risk of not having any comments. Oh well, I abandoned this blog for too long. I kinda deserve it.

But if you do read, thank you! And if you write, thank you even more! I hope I'll write more.

2 comments:

  1. salam najmie

    i love blogwalking but i rarely leave a comment ><

    for me, blog is a medium for sharing anything u want to share (including your personal life) but u can't expect people to like. A good post will invite people for discussion (sometime catchcy title is enough provided that u hv lots of readers). you always hv ideas, just write it. just like u said, if you are too lazy to do it, the ideas might be useful to others.

    so, keep writing, jngn malas2 yep =p

    someday when ur blog become famous, people will track back all ur older posts including this one..

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you rose!
    your comment is always special =)
    (because it's rare hehe)

    ok kene rajin tulis

    ReplyDelete