04 August 2007

Fight Club

So, OK, I decide to write something I hope worth for you to spend your five minutes reading.

I collect movies. Watching them are time consuming. Listening to music are much less time consuming, and more satisfaction. However, it is like football. Every week I spend like two hours hoping for an entertainment in the form of beautiful goals or my team winning, but also at the risk of a goalless draw ir frustration of you know why. Same as movies. We spend close to two hours or more, hoping it'll leave something on you, a good laugh, some heart touching moments, a horror memory, or anything. But it comes at a price of probably that movie will be super lame and you wished you would've spent that time doing something else.

Fight Club ranks in the imdb.com Top 250. Go check it out if you like to know its position. Any movie, if ranked in that exclusive chart, should be good. Really good. But I've watched some of them which makes me wonder how it got there in the first place.

It is a narrative movie. I like narrative movies. I don't like to give out spoilers, so I won't tell how the movie is, but I'll try to describe it and at the same time giving as little storyline as possible. The movie is quite paradoxical to me. The character tried to promote anarchy, a system of no rules, and yet he uses systematic organization to achieve that. The movie also makes you wonder how complex, delicate human minds are in the main character, and yet how naive, stupid, brainless the society can be when they're so into something. In terms of twisted ending, I found it quite hard identifying who that person is, so it is quite like The Usual Suspects, though so far I haven't read any reviews that made any comparison with that movie yet.

Somewhere during the movie, I thought of how can humans be like this, it is impossible, this movie is ridiculous. But I watched to the end, and in the end, I think it does deserve that ranking in imdb.com. Plus, the acting is incredibly good. I really like the Brad Pitt character, much until he offers that guy a place to stay.

2 comments:

  1. x smpi 5 minit pun???nie ke reason ko kuar conference smlm???demm la u...cter lamer bru nk review...kamanla mie...updates la bro=p



    p/s:bk jom=p

    ReplyDelete
  2. sori aku tak suke tengok muvi baru
    one thing, biasenye movie baru dvd rakam dari wayang
    aku suke dvdrip
    one more thing, muvi lama ade byk review, aku akan tengok yg good ratings, and usually, the quality of the story is much more worth it than watching a new movie you don't know will it turn out to be good or bad

    i don't make new movie reviews sori
    but i will try to make album reviews in the future ok

    ReplyDelete