Assalamualaikum, good day to all of you.
One thing, I thought that one of the main reasons that people might read your blog is if you have a very catchy headline. If that is the reason why you're on this page, well, I better start brainstorming for catchier headlines for my blog.
But as catchy as it might be, I do believe that the story I'm about to tell is indeed one of the most unbelievable tales human had ever told.
Every this time of the year, I will write about this. Does it start to get boring? To me, it is so fascinating that I never get bored of listening to the same story and moral of the story every year. It amuses me, amazes me.
27 Rejab is the date where our Prophet Muhammad (sallallahu alaihi wasallam) experienced Isra' and Mi'raj, the travel from Makkah to Masjidil Aqsa, and the subsequent ascension to Sidratul Muntaha.
Glory to (Allah) Who did take His servant for a Journey by night from the Sacred Mosque to the farthest Mosque, whose precincts We did bless,- in order that We might show him some of Our Signs: for He is the One Who heareth and seeth (all things).
Al-Isra':1
The whole thing, the event, the reception, the verse, they represent several points in the message of Allah to us. One of them is iimaan. Faith. Immediately after the trip, Muhammad (sallallahu alaihi wasallam) started telling people about his bizarre experience. Politically, it is not very wise that in the midst of your attempt in winning people's heart in worshipping The One, you turn out with a story that any sane people would deem you to be insane.
In fact, that was what pretty much happened. It was a true test of faith. For us Muslims, we are obliged to believe in anything he (sallallahu alaihi wasallam) says. We are obliged to believe that Allah is powerful enough to make any impossible events possible. Easy to say at tongue. Well, you can always say "I believe Isra' and Mi'raj down to my heart". The fact is, nothing will ever replicate how the feelings might have been at that time.
Islam is a revelation to the Arabs. They have been lost in total darkness, of total chaos and zero knowledge. Islam brought back civilization into them, and promoted monotheism, a true teaching not only soothes your heart and soul, but if practiced to total, will bring prosperous and wealthy life both here and hereafter. A man came with all these teachings, gave hope to people who have came to believe these are the words of Allah, passed by His angel, Gabriel. Then suddenly this man who they have gave trust upon, came out with the most bizarre story that the simplest logic will tell he is lying.
My iimaan is very frail. Hate to say it, but so does millions, maybe billions of others. We, the end-of-time ummah, are like bubbles in the sea, lots of them, but powerless. It is my dream that I will meet our prophet (sallallahu alaihi wasallam), I wished that I was one of his companions, walking side by side with him (sallallahu alaihi wasallam) seeing his calming face. Unfortunately, had I lived during that time, I seriously doubt I would pass this test, this test of faith. His (sallallahu alaihi wasallam) companions are certainly the chosen ones, they were not merely born during his (sallallahu alaihi wasallam) time by coincidence or by schedule, they were fated to live during that period by choice, by His choice.
Abu Bakr (radhiallahu anh) got his nick As-siddiq for this very event. During all the frenzy of this guy (sallallahu alaihi wasallam) telling fake stories, one came to Abu Bakr and told about the story. Abu Bakr simply inquired if this story really came from Muhammad (sallallahu alaihi wasallam) and not made up, that guy affirmed. Then Abu Bakr (radhiallahu anh) said if those words really came from him (sallallahu alaihi wasallam) he would believe it. If he (sallallahu alaihi wasallam) told a bigger story then he (radhiallahu anh) would believe it. If he (sallallahu alaihi wasallam) told anything at all he (radhiallahu anh) would still believe it.
We Muslims today are all too accustomed with this story, and there's no way we could've doubt it. However, to us, there is another task. To declare our faith, there are three components: declaration by tongue, affirmation by heart, and performance by worship. On that glorious night, one of the biggest revelation came to us: Solah. The only form of worship that was passed directly from Allah to Muhammad without an intermediate in the form of Gabriel or any other. His initial order was 50 a day, but to His Limitless Generosity and Kindness, and to Muhammad's (sallallahu alaihi wasallam) unbounded love and caring to his ummah, it has been reduced to 5. Moses told him (sallallahu alaihi wasallam) one day, five will still be too much for your (sallallahu alaihi wasallam) ummah to handle.
How true.
Wassalam.
One thing, I thought that one of the main reasons that people might read your blog is if you have a very catchy headline. If that is the reason why you're on this page, well, I better start brainstorming for catchier headlines for my blog.
But as catchy as it might be, I do believe that the story I'm about to tell is indeed one of the most unbelievable tales human had ever told.
Every this time of the year, I will write about this. Does it start to get boring? To me, it is so fascinating that I never get bored of listening to the same story and moral of the story every year. It amuses me, amazes me.
27 Rejab is the date where our Prophet Muhammad (sallallahu alaihi wasallam) experienced Isra' and Mi'raj, the travel from Makkah to Masjidil Aqsa, and the subsequent ascension to Sidratul Muntaha.
Glory to (Allah) Who did take His servant for a Journey by night from the Sacred Mosque to the farthest Mosque, whose precincts We did bless,- in order that We might show him some of Our Signs: for He is the One Who heareth and seeth (all things).
Al-Isra':1
The whole thing, the event, the reception, the verse, they represent several points in the message of Allah to us. One of them is iimaan. Faith. Immediately after the trip, Muhammad (sallallahu alaihi wasallam) started telling people about his bizarre experience. Politically, it is not very wise that in the midst of your attempt in winning people's heart in worshipping The One, you turn out with a story that any sane people would deem you to be insane.
In fact, that was what pretty much happened. It was a true test of faith. For us Muslims, we are obliged to believe in anything he (sallallahu alaihi wasallam) says. We are obliged to believe that Allah is powerful enough to make any impossible events possible. Easy to say at tongue. Well, you can always say "I believe Isra' and Mi'raj down to my heart". The fact is, nothing will ever replicate how the feelings might have been at that time.
Islam is a revelation to the Arabs. They have been lost in total darkness, of total chaos and zero knowledge. Islam brought back civilization into them, and promoted monotheism, a true teaching not only soothes your heart and soul, but if practiced to total, will bring prosperous and wealthy life both here and hereafter. A man came with all these teachings, gave hope to people who have came to believe these are the words of Allah, passed by His angel, Gabriel. Then suddenly this man who they have gave trust upon, came out with the most bizarre story that the simplest logic will tell he is lying.
My iimaan is very frail. Hate to say it, but so does millions, maybe billions of others. We, the end-of-time ummah, are like bubbles in the sea, lots of them, but powerless. It is my dream that I will meet our prophet (sallallahu alaihi wasallam), I wished that I was one of his companions, walking side by side with him (sallallahu alaihi wasallam) seeing his calming face. Unfortunately, had I lived during that time, I seriously doubt I would pass this test, this test of faith. His (sallallahu alaihi wasallam) companions are certainly the chosen ones, they were not merely born during his (sallallahu alaihi wasallam) time by coincidence or by schedule, they were fated to live during that period by choice, by His choice.
Abu Bakr (radhiallahu anh) got his nick As-siddiq for this very event. During all the frenzy of this guy (sallallahu alaihi wasallam) telling fake stories, one came to Abu Bakr and told about the story. Abu Bakr simply inquired if this story really came from Muhammad (sallallahu alaihi wasallam) and not made up, that guy affirmed. Then Abu Bakr (radhiallahu anh) said if those words really came from him (sallallahu alaihi wasallam) he would believe it. If he (sallallahu alaihi wasallam) told a bigger story then he (radhiallahu anh) would believe it. If he (sallallahu alaihi wasallam) told anything at all he (radhiallahu anh) would still believe it.
We Muslims today are all too accustomed with this story, and there's no way we could've doubt it. However, to us, there is another task. To declare our faith, there are three components: declaration by tongue, affirmation by heart, and performance by worship. On that glorious night, one of the biggest revelation came to us: Solah. The only form of worship that was passed directly from Allah to Muhammad without an intermediate in the form of Gabriel or any other. His initial order was 50 a day, but to His Limitless Generosity and Kindness, and to Muhammad's (sallallahu alaihi wasallam) unbounded love and caring to his ummah, it has been reduced to 5. Moses told him (sallallahu alaihi wasallam) one day, five will still be too much for your (sallallahu alaihi wasallam) ummah to handle.
How true.
Wassalam.
No comments:
Post a Comment