Did you know that I always wanted to make a 'Did you know that?' column? Back in primary school I have a friend whose parents always buy Utusan. There's a small column at the lower left of the front page of 'Tahukah anda?'. I really liked it, but my parents prefer The Star, so I never really have the chance to collect it, until I ask this friend of mine to cut all those 'Tahukah anda?' and collect it for me. As a matter of fact, he did. When I think of it again, wow, what a sacrifice he made. He gave all of them to me and I lost it all too easily.
It has been some while since I posted something. My last post was a vent of anger, or was it disappointment, I'm not sure. I'm struggling to maintain the first Ramadhan where I'm actually awake during most of the daylight. In UTP, Ramadhan is like a one month holiday. Everyday you get to choose from a wide variety of food often unavailable on other months. Then you break your fast with your friends or family, either way it is always a very cheerful occasion. Then you get to perform your Maghrib together, again a rarity on other months, followed by Isya' and Tarawih at the mosque. Between the rakaat, some mosques have ceramahs, which is something we all severely lack. After the prayers you can recite some verses of the Qur-an without the any odd feelings you might have to endure during other months. Then moreh maybe, and for me, 'weekend night' continues until sahur and Subuh. Then only I'll sleep.
So this is my first real Ramadhan where you actually have to work during daylight. Now, after work, I go buy some food, break fast, Maghrib, shower, Isya', Tarawih, then sleep. Tomorrow, wake up, sahur, Subuh, work. Repeat.
Today I bought the food early, so I get to have some time to write something. As it turns out, it is quite long. Hmm.
I bought nasi briyani for today. How I missed nasi briyani. When I first came here, I thought I'll miss fast foods the most. It turns out that McD and KFC are both 20 minutes from my house, in opposite directions. Even though Burger King is absent throughout the whole East Coast, I don't seem to miss Whopper that much. I miss the most is nasi briyani.
And thank God I found one last Sunday. I said to myself I'm gonna eat this every two days (I don't want to eat it on daily basis and start getting sick of it like McD).
Oh ya, did I told you McD never really serves good food? They're only about world domination. They never intended to provide good food.
Today my Liverpool loyalty is going to face a stern test in the form of an early morning Carling Cup match at Reading. But I have to watch it. Even if I missed it, let it be unintentional. The last time Liverpool face Reading in the League Cup, last season I think, it finished 4-3.
Um, what else to ramble? Back to the topic, did you know what font is this? This is Trebuchet MS. This is the default font on blogspot. I don't know what the MS stands for. I really like this font, though I hate to use default things because it makes me indifferent, I decided against changing this font. Moreover, it sort of represents simplicity, a feature I really like in art.
My blog lacks original pictures. I mean pictures taken by me. It is because I don't own a camera. I never did. I don't have pictures of me during schoolhood, or during special occasions, or in UTP, or during this practical for that matter. The only pictures I have are from other people's camera who happens to also share the occasion with me. My blog also lacks interesting monologues that makes other people's blogs interesting. I also never pay tribute to any of my friends in particular in my blog. Often I'll write about Liverpool or about religious issues, because that is the audience I'm targeting. Often I wish for a global audience, but I never achieved it. Often when I write about Islam, I want the non-muslims to give their views.
OK enough rambling. It is almost time.
Who avoid vain talk;
Al-Mu'minuun:3
But I think this time, since I've mentioned him almost unintentionally, I'll pay tribute to him. That friend of mine is Ahmad Faiz, same age as me, has wonderful artistry skills, his kampung is at Dungun, used to be my neighbor, went to some MRSM I could not remember, and the biggest tribute of all, actually inspired me for my unpronounciable symbol which I have been using as my attendance signature during lectures.
It has been some while since I posted something. My last post was a vent of anger, or was it disappointment, I'm not sure. I'm struggling to maintain the first Ramadhan where I'm actually awake during most of the daylight. In UTP, Ramadhan is like a one month holiday. Everyday you get to choose from a wide variety of food often unavailable on other months. Then you break your fast with your friends or family, either way it is always a very cheerful occasion. Then you get to perform your Maghrib together, again a rarity on other months, followed by Isya' and Tarawih at the mosque. Between the rakaat, some mosques have ceramahs, which is something we all severely lack. After the prayers you can recite some verses of the Qur-an without the any odd feelings you might have to endure during other months. Then moreh maybe, and for me, 'weekend night' continues until sahur and Subuh. Then only I'll sleep.
So this is my first real Ramadhan where you actually have to work during daylight. Now, after work, I go buy some food, break fast, Maghrib, shower, Isya', Tarawih, then sleep. Tomorrow, wake up, sahur, Subuh, work. Repeat.
Today I bought the food early, so I get to have some time to write something. As it turns out, it is quite long. Hmm.
I bought nasi briyani for today. How I missed nasi briyani. When I first came here, I thought I'll miss fast foods the most. It turns out that McD and KFC are both 20 minutes from my house, in opposite directions. Even though Burger King is absent throughout the whole East Coast, I don't seem to miss Whopper that much. I miss the most is nasi briyani.
And thank God I found one last Sunday. I said to myself I'm gonna eat this every two days (I don't want to eat it on daily basis and start getting sick of it like McD).
Oh ya, did I told you McD never really serves good food? They're only about world domination. They never intended to provide good food.
Today my Liverpool loyalty is going to face a stern test in the form of an early morning Carling Cup match at Reading. But I have to watch it. Even if I missed it, let it be unintentional. The last time Liverpool face Reading in the League Cup, last season I think, it finished 4-3.
Um, what else to ramble? Back to the topic, did you know what font is this? This is Trebuchet MS. This is the default font on blogspot. I don't know what the MS stands for. I really like this font, though I hate to use default things because it makes me indifferent, I decided against changing this font. Moreover, it sort of represents simplicity, a feature I really like in art.
My blog lacks original pictures. I mean pictures taken by me. It is because I don't own a camera. I never did. I don't have pictures of me during schoolhood, or during special occasions, or in UTP, or during this practical for that matter. The only pictures I have are from other people's camera who happens to also share the occasion with me. My blog also lacks interesting monologues that makes other people's blogs interesting. I also never pay tribute to any of my friends in particular in my blog. Often I'll write about Liverpool or about religious issues, because that is the audience I'm targeting. Often I wish for a global audience, but I never achieved it. Often when I write about Islam, I want the non-muslims to give their views.
OK enough rambling. It is almost time.
Who avoid vain talk;
Al-Mu'minuun:3
But I think this time, since I've mentioned him almost unintentionally, I'll pay tribute to him. That friend of mine is Ahmad Faiz, same age as me, has wonderful artistry skills, his kampung is at Dungun, used to be my neighbor, went to some MRSM I could not remember, and the biggest tribute of all, actually inspired me for my unpronounciable symbol which I have been using as my attendance signature during lectures.

If you happen to know this guy, send my regards to him. I lost my handphone some time ago, together with his number.
I hate Mc D too... did you know that? =p
ReplyDeleteur lacked-of-pics blog doesnt bother me at all.
Keep on writing!!
hahah! gud to see a mcd hater!
ReplyDeleteo/ mc-d hater as well.
ReplyDeleteeh. post panjang merapu mengarut pon aku bace smpi habis! haha. one hell of a writer you r!
wow ramai gak org yg bace ek XD
ReplyDeletethx
z nnt aku bubuh blog kau dlm link list aku
haha baru jumpa blog unpro :D
ReplyDeletenice to see u keep on writing and throwing out ideas. will try to finish reading your blog by end of this week :D
p/s: MS in the font stands for MicroSoft. Their trademark for world dominations. Oh and btw, McD are not going for world domination actually. They are going for real estate domination! haha.
woh this is super flattering!
ReplyDeleterearrange bace blog aku, haha
thx for stopping by, nnt aku bace blog ko XD