26 September 2007

Reading 2-4 Liverpool: I've Missed It Again




Haih.

I don't know what to say. Three consecutive disappointing draws, and just when I couldn't make it, Liverpool turned it on.

Well, I have no idea how good or bad Liverpool played, but the goals were convincing. It makes you wonder how could Torres be benched with such performance he displayed.

My Liverpool attendance record is starting to look like my lecture attendance record. So far I've missed half of Liverpool's ten competitive matches, most of them with unacceptable excuses. But I have to say life is hard when your house don't have an Astro and maple (pronounced as in maple leaf) outlets are next to none. Top it up with 'strenous' 8 to 5 work. It really takes a hell out of you to get out of the bed with such circumstances.

Well this post can't be long. After all I didn't watch the match.

Edited: I did mention Liverpool won a thrilling tie against Reading at the same stage last season 4-3, and I missed the sequel. Stupid me. Gerrard, though average, played a scintillating through pass to Torres for the hattrick. Liverpool conceded their first two goals in open play, though it can still be said that Reina has yet to concede one in open play. And remarkably, Torres managed to survived being subbed off after scoring two goals - a habit of Benitez - and become only the third player under Rafa's reign to bring home the match ball - the other two being Gerrard against TNS and Crouch versus Arsenal.

No comments:

Post a Comment