It's 2 in the morning, and tomorrow I've to go to work, but I felt obliged to write something immediately.An encounter between the only two unbeaten sides in the Premiership, yet it cannot be any more contrasting in terms of morale. Arsenal buoyed by their 7-0 romp of Slavia Prague while Liverpool still smarting from their 2-1 defeat to Besiktas.
Overall, I would say this is the best performance since the 6-0 rout (excluding the Carling Cup tie, though, because I didn't watch that, hehe). Liverpool created some good chances, Gerrard's attempt before his goal, then another after two corner kicks, Crouch had one from distance, Gerrard almost wrapped it up with a lovely cushion from Crouch. I think Liverpool played decently.
Arsenal had their share. Hit the post twice, hit two wide shots against an empty goalmouth, and in the end, the ever so character of Arsenal, scoring in the last 10 minutes. To me, it was a soft goal, Reina should've done better, but take no credit off Fabregas who timed his run and shot very well.
And some minor controversies. Mascherano's lunge, Carragher's tug.
From a fan's perspective, it was disappointing. We lose more ground to Arsenal. But the entertainment value, to me, was high. End to end stuff.
Both sides still unbeaten, let's hope better things to come for Liverpool.
No comments:
Post a Comment