Christmas. Festive period, I just love it. Oh no, I don't celebrate Christmas, but I do celebrate the hectic English fixtures! The 4-1 win against Portsmouth - who themselves were on the back of six successive away wins - was incredible. Scoring four or more has been quite customary for this season.
And suddenly, scoring for fun is not good for you.
I can't wait Boxing Day. Liverpool is in excellent form, but what made me more optimistic was our opponents, the generous fellas who gave six to us at home: Derby County. I can't wait for the match, because I am confident I will be very happy after the match.
We had an unbelievable 86% of possession in the opening minutes, and opened the score in the 12th minute thanks to another spectacular solo goal by Torres. We should have finished the job, but we laid back on the belly still full of turkey I guess.
So the second best defence got the dubious honour of conceding a goal to the worst offense. I honestly laughed at that time. Laughed at Liverpool who is too laid back to score more goals to put the game beyond Derby's reach and got punished by a team they underrate too much. But yes, even I underrate them. That's why I laughed, because I was so confident Liverpool would score and win.
The equalizer came on 67th minute, still plenty of time to score. In the previous encounter, Liverpool scored 3 in the last 23 minutes, so it shouldn't be a problem. But well into the last ten, last five minutes, I was worried. Would Derby claim their only eighth point against Liverpool? Certainly then, Liverpool won't be a title contender anymore.
"Well, if anyone's gonna win it, it could be him."
Liverpool has been scoring for fun lately, and while I enjoy seeing them, now I only celebrate with a clap. This Gerrard goal, I jumped out, shouted in joy. A feeling I have long not taste, the overwhelming joy of Liverpool scoring. I miss this feeling.Last gasp equalizers do not win titles; last gasp winners do.
okay 1st of all..
ReplyDeleteu fooking kill me najmie for not posting anything!!!! and call it a tragedy!!! temporarily unavailable my ass.
u suck for that.
okay, second, i have alot of "what the fook is that?" moment watching the game. haha 1st half is a training session. 2nd half is tragedy (now is the correct time to call it a tragedy!)
derby played quite well in the second half, made me think that they will somehow score and the did. its natural.
and ONLY after the equaliser we are somehow shaken a bit and take the game more seriously. haha u should see how frustrated McEveley of derby when he couldnt stop Gerrard's goal.
he rolled on the field.
:)
how can that not be a tragedy?
ReplyDeleteand how the hell u still manage to get here? you aren't supposed to
and lastly, i pity mceveley
but that's the difference between a top four and a relegation battler
at least i think jewell is taking derby on the right direction
benitez on jewell: we had a different view, but he didn't tackle me, so no problem