12 December 2007

Marseille 0-4 Liverpool: I Don't Know What to Say

What an incredible day. Alhamdulillah.

I just finished my presentation, it was super, I think. But I don't think any of you are interested in my presentation, are you? Even if you're (oddly enough) interested, I won't tell you. XP

But what matters more is what happened before my presentation. As a matter of fact I was having a dilemma of whether to watch or not to watch. Will watching the match jeopardize my presentation later on? Will I be too sleepy?


It was a matter of prioritizing. I do not know if I had my priorities correctly, but I do know that I am damn satisfied with the choices I made. I chose to watch the must-win match, and Liverpool did more than just win - they won in style.

4-0 away from home. In Europe. European away games, it is not easy for the fans to travel. The obvious reason, it is faraway. They need to book costly flights, buy the away tickets, even finding a place to sleep on. And it is midweek, they probably need to request a holiday from their boss, filled in the "Reason for holiday:" slot is "To be Liverpool's twelfth man at Stade Velodrome".

Or were they at Stade Velodrome? I thought I heard "You'll Never Walk Alone" loud and clear. I am a Malaysian, and it is disappointing that I support an abroad team more than I support my own local team, but I'm truly impressed by how these Englishmen put their team in their hearts. That was what I was mentioning earlier. Probably they had more important work, important deadlines to be met, important meetings with important people on important deals and projects, but because Liverpool is their passion, nothing matters more than being there when the team needs their support. All the hard-earned money would go to waste if they don't invest it on their passion, their heart and soul.

Marseille had two-thirds of possession but no shots on target. On the other hand, Liverpool who scored four, was mentioned by the commentator as deserving more. I need not describe the individuals, they're all great. Torres, out-of-this-world goal, Reina, you did nothing you lazy boy, Kewell, good assists, Gerrard, nth goal in nth matches, I've lost count.

I was flabbergasted against Reading. I still am. Benitez said Premiership is this season's main priority, and yet he still puts a Champions League tie ahead of importance. But it gives an incredible morale boost, and to put end to my typing, there is no match that is more important than against Manchester United. I just hope all of this is just a perfect rehearsal for the big show, and do entertain me please. Thank you.

1 comment:

  1. when u said u were impressed by how the englishmen put their team on their heart, i was thinking, if ever our country has a good football performance as theirs, will we ever support a foreign team?

    to be honest, i dunno the ans to that question. i dunno how will i feel. i heart liverpool since i the 1st time i know what football is. but maybe we will have such passion too if "KL FC" is making it big time.

    and i do think we both know, if we have the money, we will too watch every game REAL live at the stadium najmie!

    ReplyDelete