15 February 2008

General Election

It is 6 in the morning, I just completed my preliminary report. Moral of the story: Never do things last minute.

What you write in your blog reflects who you are, what and how you think. While people are writing letters to rector and talking about Saint Valentine's Day and the upcoming general election, I'm talking about burgers.

In short, it shows the lack of maturity of my blog.

OK I'll be honest. I always want to make my blog look mature. Thing is, sometimes writing a thousand words makes people uninterested to read my blog. So I tried to adopt the mainstream writing in an attempt to attract people. So far, well, so-so. That's why I installed the visitor counter (notice there, at the right column) as a personal satisfaction to see how many people have been stopping by here (regardless of whether they read it or not).

I'll just touch a little bit on Saint Valentine's Day. Did you google anything yesterday? Google had a nice picture on their website which gave me some thinking. Saint Valentine's Day is often celebrated as a love day by teens who can't wait for their wedding to fuck their partners. Google depicted the love day by showing an elderly couple walking towards the horizon, probably symbolizing eternity. How sweet.

Nevertheless to say, Muslims should not celebrate Saint Valentine's Day. That's why I don't want to omit the word Saint there. I bet most of us Muslims are not aware there are other Saints' days, do we?

But the thing I want to talk here is about election. I wonder if I have anyone who has been following my blog since the inception on July 2007 (I seriously doubt so, but) if you do, then you'll notice my writings have been lacking of Malaysia's current issues. I always wanted to touch on issues like the brutal murder of Nurin, or the Bersih or Hindraf rally, but I always keep it so late, it is no longer cool to talk on rotten issues.

But I'm not that late now, for this thing I'm about to say about. General election. Parliament has been disbanded on 13th of February, and general election will be on 8th of March.

Yup, it'll be cool if I talk politics. In fact, as a Muslim, you can't avoid being involved in politics. The least you can do is vote. But that is exactly what I'm doing - avoiding it.

Man, I can't write now. I need sleep. My whole point is, I don't know I'm voting for, and what changes s/he can bring. On a bigger scale, what difference does a different government will bring. Politicians live by their lies, and different government will only tell different lies I suppose. Honestly, I'm less than impressed with Pak Lah compared to Mahathir, but that is all I can say. Nothing more. I'm not that good, and worse, I don't even bother. And all the talk becomes shit when I have not even registered for voting.

Yup.

1 comment:

  1. im not voting this year. apparently, its too late mase aku daftar.

    anyhow, td br aku terpk, which one lebih berdose?

    -tak mengundi langsung

    atau

    -mengundi pemimpin yang x betol.

    rumet saye pilih, MUNGKIN x mengundi langsung, kot. aku, kompius. haha.

    ReplyDelete