Well, I don't have much to write, but I'm writing anyway.
I'm going to leave this blog for a few days (not that a lot of people would bother about that) for Chinese New Year holidays. It is the second longest public holiday after Idul Fitr. I wonder if the USA have a public holiday for this one, too? But I just love Malaysia; we have all the holidays on all festivities.
One thing though I hate about Chinese New Year. You get your holiday, you get to go home, but you can do practically nothing. Most cybercafés are closed because the taukés are Chinese (except for some Malay-owned cybercafés, which usually suck). You can't repair your car due to same reason (again, except for Malay-owned workshops, which usually is overcrowded, thus requiring more time to complete the job). You want to shop for some graphics cards and speakers, unfortunately most of computer shops are Chinese-owned. Even Low Yat comes from a Chinese name.
Congratulations to them for making our lives so dependent on their business. No, that is not a sarcastic statement towards my fellow race. I really mean it. I, sometimes have preference towards their outlet than my own race, for example, when choosing between two neighboring cybercafés, or two neighboring computer shops (though, when it comes to food, I can't choose like that, you know that). I have a few Chinese friends back in school and here in university, but I don't think they'll read (or have read) my blog, I'd rather SMS them, but if it happens to be a Chinese visitor to my blog, I wish you a Prosperous Chinese New Year!
And hey, if I happen to drop by your house, don't hesitate to give me angpow OK!
I'm going to leave this blog for a few days (not that a lot of people would bother about that) for Chinese New Year holidays. It is the second longest public holiday after Idul Fitr. I wonder if the USA have a public holiday for this one, too? But I just love Malaysia; we have all the holidays on all festivities.
One thing though I hate about Chinese New Year. You get your holiday, you get to go home, but you can do practically nothing. Most cybercafés are closed because the taukés are Chinese (except for some Malay-owned cybercafés, which usually suck). You can't repair your car due to same reason (again, except for Malay-owned workshops, which usually is overcrowded, thus requiring more time to complete the job). You want to shop for some graphics cards and speakers, unfortunately most of computer shops are Chinese-owned. Even Low Yat comes from a Chinese name.
Congratulations to them for making our lives so dependent on their business. No, that is not a sarcastic statement towards my fellow race. I really mean it. I, sometimes have preference towards their outlet than my own race, for example, when choosing between two neighboring cybercafés, or two neighboring computer shops (though, when it comes to food, I can't choose like that, you know that). I have a few Chinese friends back in school and here in university, but I don't think they'll read (or have read) my blog, I'd rather SMS them, but if it happens to be a Chinese visitor to my blog, I wish you a Prosperous Chinese New Year!
And hey, if I happen to drop by your house, don't hesitate to give me angpow OK!
oh
ReplyDeletebile CNY je, the shoplets closed at 5pm sb mlm tu ade makan2 besar.
rase hangen x? potong mud shopping je!
one particular reason, all malays nk keje senang..seme nk keje kerajaan, seme takot nk bukak bisnes sndri..so jd la mende ni...
ReplyDeletemari x keje ngan PET!