I was pretty much relaxed throughout the pre-match. Never as nervous as facing Manchester United.
But once the kick-off whistle was blown, I was nervous as hell. And the possession Arsenal held is insane. Again, we conceded a soft goal to the opposition, but Gerrard made an incredible weaving run into the box, and who's at the end of it? Dirk Kuyt.
He had an incredible night. Not only he scored, he 'saved' us at the other end by bringing down Hleb. I frankly admit that, yup, that was a penalty. But elsewhere, he ran the length of the pitch, as usual. The fatigue was apparent at the end, he could not make any good of the opening in the box in the dying minutes.
But I will not take any credits away from Liverpool's stern defending. As Andy Gray mentioned, Liverpool has done a yet another well-accomplished job in a European night.
I'm still nervous going in the second leg. A goalless draw will do, but going for a goalless draw against Arsenal is like an egg at the tip of a horn (hahah). We must win at Anfield, or at least prevent them from scoring.
Thankfully there's a 'break' before the second leg, in the form of a Premier League tie, again, at the Emirates. Fuck I have a batch dinner that night. How could I not realize that? Saturday is always a matchday. Damn. I should've told the director.
But once the kick-off whistle was blown, I was nervous as hell. And the possession Arsenal held is insane. Again, we conceded a soft goal to the opposition, but Gerrard made an incredible weaving run into the box, and who's at the end of it? Dirk Kuyt.
He had an incredible night. Not only he scored, he 'saved' us at the other end by bringing down Hleb. I frankly admit that, yup, that was a penalty. But elsewhere, he ran the length of the pitch, as usual. The fatigue was apparent at the end, he could not make any good of the opening in the box in the dying minutes.
But I will not take any credits away from Liverpool's stern defending. As Andy Gray mentioned, Liverpool has done a yet another well-accomplished job in a European night.
I'm still nervous going in the second leg. A goalless draw will do, but going for a goalless draw against Arsenal is like an egg at the tip of a horn (hahah). We must win at Anfield, or at least prevent them from scoring.
Thankfully there's a 'break' before the second leg, in the form of a Premier League tie, again, at the Emirates. Fuck I have a batch dinner that night. How could I not realize that? Saturday is always a matchday. Damn. I should've told the director.
No comments:
Post a Comment