I always have pre-match and post-match emotions. Sometimes it gets to me that I want people to know how I would feel about the match before the kickoff. But often, I decided against writing my pre-match thinkings because I'm afraid the outcome would be different than I would expect.
The fact is that, this is one of those times, I don't really mind Liverpool losing. No, it is not the same case as Liverpool facing some Premier League club with 4th place in hand and 3rd place out of reach. It is more of 'I want Liverpool to win, but if they let their opposition win, that team will deny Man Utd the title' sort of thing.
Manchester United got into the final. Fuck. That sums it. It is a horrible feeling knowing that they now have a half chance of winning the biggest prize in football club's competition (yup, admit it, it is bigger than the Premier League, although we, as Liverpool fans, are craving the 19th much more than our 6th). Contrasting from last year, we won first, then we waited (and hoped) for Milan's win. This time, they are waiting for their English opponents; what colour would it be? Blue or red?
I hate Manchester United so much, a loss to them in the Champions League final could be my worst ever day in my life, no exaggeration. Winning against them in that setting could potentially be my greatest day ever. Such is the absence of extreme despair or joy in my life (such as the death of my parents or the birth of my child) is the emotions football can bring to me. I am not willing to bet my emotions, my sanity, to one single football match. Therefore, a Manchester United versus Liverpool final should be avoided. Milan did it for us last year, Barca wasn't able to do it for us this year.
So do I want Liverpool to progress? Yes, of course. When was the last time Liverpool had scored against them? Crouch in FA Cup? I can't remember when was that. Oh yea, it was the season Liverpool won against West Ham in the final. Why can't Rafa find a way to score against Ferguson's team? Fuck I don't know. But I will always have faith that he will.
If somebody were to deny United the double, I would prefer that to be Liverpool. But what if Liverpool fail? If somebody were to fail denying them the double, let it be somebody else. Let it be Chelsea. If Chelsea goes to the final, I won't be going to the final with such turbulent emotions. It would be much better for my health. But it is a dreadful feeling if the power of denying United is out of the hands of the Liverpool players.
Ever since the last four was completed, I had a Liverpool Manchester United final in my mind. What if it really happens? By normal chance, it is 25% that that would happen. But what if it really happens? I want to use all my money, and borrow some more from my dad (who ironically is a Red Devil's fan) and go to Liverpool, meet Steven Gerrard, and beg him to win against the dreadful Mancs. I would kneel in front of him and beg him to win the final. No, winning the final is not the top priority. Winning against Man Utd is.
United is in the final. Now the possibility of the dreadful final has rose to 50%. What if Liverpool wins? Would I really go to England to meet Gerrard? Would I even have the chance to meet him? Or would I just bertelor and say I won't do it? It is very hard already for me. And it the other finalist is not even yet decided.
In the end, I don't mind who wins. Just make sure you win the final, too.
I went to the match, very worn out, almost muted. I kept quiet in the table of my fellow Liverpool fans. Reina pulled a stunning save, as I was applauding him, bang, Drogba hits it to the bottom corner inside the near post.
If we score, it'll be all balanced back. If they score, we have to score two. At the Bridge. Just as the United case, Rafa has an incredible difficulty in scoring at the Bridge (luckily, we can score against them at Anfield, unlike United). But Benayoun made an incisive run, just like Pennant's against Birmingham, and laid it off to Torres, who did a good job. Suddenly, blood rushed through my arteries. I shouted in joy, and I hoped Liverpool would win it. Suddenly hope was pumped in.
Then extra time. My friends was going like, "Fuck I hate extra time. Extra 30 minutes of nervousness and sleep deprivation." But I was more of like, "Hey if we score 1, they have to score 2, and the pressure would be on them." But it turns out, they scored first. Essien did it. But the goal was disallowed for offside. Four players offside when the ball hit the net, but neither of them was interfering with play, so I would say it would disagree with the referee's decision. But seconds later, a penalty was given to their favour. It would have no disagreements for this one. Spot on.
Lampard converted it, accompanied with intense emotions dedicated for his late mom. Ok, 2-1, but just score 1, then pressure's back on them. Unfortunately, they are the ones who scored another. Whose to blame? I don't want to blame anyone. If Liverpool lose this one, I can accept it. I have more than 10 minutes to swallow this fact.
Then Hyypia was blatantly denied a penalty. The referee had a perfect view of the crime, had his whistle in his mouth, then decided against blowing it; instead, waving a 'no foul' signal. What was he doing? Trying to justify back his cancellation of Essien's goal? He made one mistake, he shouldn't have 'even things up' by making another 'mistake'.
Almost immediately after the Lampard goal (or was it after Drogba's goal?) Rafa bizarrely took off Torres for Babel. But then our supersub lives up to his reputation and scored an astonishing screamer against my most respected goalkeeper Petr Cech. Four minutes left, damn we have hope again. C'mon you Reds. European nights are always special, even if it not at Anfield.
But Alonso scuffed it, Gerrard scuffed it. I had to swallow it. The final whistle was blown. Luzhny won't be all red this May.
Mourinho did it with his modest Porto, but couldn't do it with his extravagant Chelsea. Avram inherited the team and did it. Well, Avram, I did not know you, and I underestimated you to be honest. But well done, you've beaten Man Utd last weekend, now I'm in full backing of the Blues to win the remaining league matches, and to top it off with a grand win at Moscow.
C'mon you Blues!
The fact is that, this is one of those times, I don't really mind Liverpool losing. No, it is not the same case as Liverpool facing some Premier League club with 4th place in hand and 3rd place out of reach. It is more of 'I want Liverpool to win, but if they let their opposition win, that team will deny Man Utd the title' sort of thing.
Manchester United got into the final. Fuck. That sums it. It is a horrible feeling knowing that they now have a half chance of winning the biggest prize in football club's competition (yup, admit it, it is bigger than the Premier League, although we, as Liverpool fans, are craving the 19th much more than our 6th). Contrasting from last year, we won first, then we waited (and hoped) for Milan's win. This time, they are waiting for their English opponents; what colour would it be? Blue or red?
I hate Manchester United so much, a loss to them in the Champions League final could be my worst ever day in my life, no exaggeration. Winning against them in that setting could potentially be my greatest day ever. Such is the absence of extreme despair or joy in my life (such as the death of my parents or the birth of my child) is the emotions football can bring to me. I am not willing to bet my emotions, my sanity, to one single football match. Therefore, a Manchester United versus Liverpool final should be avoided. Milan did it for us last year, Barca wasn't able to do it for us this year.
So do I want Liverpool to progress? Yes, of course. When was the last time Liverpool had scored against them? Crouch in FA Cup? I can't remember when was that. Oh yea, it was the season Liverpool won against West Ham in the final. Why can't Rafa find a way to score against Ferguson's team? Fuck I don't know. But I will always have faith that he will.
If somebody were to deny United the double, I would prefer that to be Liverpool. But what if Liverpool fail? If somebody were to fail denying them the double, let it be somebody else. Let it be Chelsea. If Chelsea goes to the final, I won't be going to the final with such turbulent emotions. It would be much better for my health. But it is a dreadful feeling if the power of denying United is out of the hands of the Liverpool players.
Ever since the last four was completed, I had a Liverpool Manchester United final in my mind. What if it really happens? By normal chance, it is 25% that that would happen. But what if it really happens? I want to use all my money, and borrow some more from my dad (who ironically is a Red Devil's fan) and go to Liverpool, meet Steven Gerrard, and beg him to win against the dreadful Mancs. I would kneel in front of him and beg him to win the final. No, winning the final is not the top priority. Winning against Man Utd is.
United is in the final. Now the possibility of the dreadful final has rose to 50%. What if Liverpool wins? Would I really go to England to meet Gerrard? Would I even have the chance to meet him? Or would I just bertelor and say I won't do it? It is very hard already for me. And it the other finalist is not even yet decided.
In the end, I don't mind who wins. Just make sure you win the final, too.
I went to the match, very worn out, almost muted. I kept quiet in the table of my fellow Liverpool fans. Reina pulled a stunning save, as I was applauding him, bang, Drogba hits it to the bottom corner inside the near post.
If we score, it'll be all balanced back. If they score, we have to score two. At the Bridge. Just as the United case, Rafa has an incredible difficulty in scoring at the Bridge (luckily, we can score against them at Anfield, unlike United). But Benayoun made an incisive run, just like Pennant's against Birmingham, and laid it off to Torres, who did a good job. Suddenly, blood rushed through my arteries. I shouted in joy, and I hoped Liverpool would win it. Suddenly hope was pumped in.
Then extra time. My friends was going like, "Fuck I hate extra time. Extra 30 minutes of nervousness and sleep deprivation." But I was more of like, "Hey if we score 1, they have to score 2, and the pressure would be on them." But it turns out, they scored first. Essien did it. But the goal was disallowed for offside. Four players offside when the ball hit the net, but neither of them was interfering with play, so I would say it would disagree with the referee's decision. But seconds later, a penalty was given to their favour. It would have no disagreements for this one. Spot on.
Lampard converted it, accompanied with intense emotions dedicated for his late mom. Ok, 2-1, but just score 1, then pressure's back on them. Unfortunately, they are the ones who scored another. Whose to blame? I don't want to blame anyone. If Liverpool lose this one, I can accept it. I have more than 10 minutes to swallow this fact.
Then Hyypia was blatantly denied a penalty. The referee had a perfect view of the crime, had his whistle in his mouth, then decided against blowing it; instead, waving a 'no foul' signal. What was he doing? Trying to justify back his cancellation of Essien's goal? He made one mistake, he shouldn't have 'even things up' by making another 'mistake'.
Almost immediately after the Lampard goal (or was it after Drogba's goal?) Rafa bizarrely took off Torres for Babel. But then our supersub lives up to his reputation and scored an astonishing screamer against my most respected goalkeeper Petr Cech. Four minutes left, damn we have hope again. C'mon you Reds. European nights are always special, even if it not at Anfield.
But Alonso scuffed it, Gerrard scuffed it. I had to swallow it. The final whistle was blown. Luzhny won't be all red this May.
Mourinho did it with his modest Porto, but couldn't do it with his extravagant Chelsea. Avram inherited the team and did it. Well, Avram, I did not know you, and I underestimated you to be honest. But well done, you've beaten Man Utd last weekend, now I'm in full backing of the Blues to win the remaining league matches, and to top it off with a grand win at Moscow.
C'mon you Blues!
No comments:
Post a Comment