European nights are bound to be special. Moreover at Anfield.
As my previous post indicates, I'm super busy right now. I have, let me see, one test tomorrow, four projects to be submitted within the next seven days, and two presentations within the next fourteen days. I have tried to contain myself from not playing any games or watching movies or even blogging.
But it is Champions League, dude. It is my time of life. My tiny fraction of life that gives me joy more than anything.
Liverpool has (has or have? I'm still confused) drawn against Chelsea in the semifinals for the third time in four years. In the previous two occasions, Liverpool won both, both at Anfield. This time, the first leg will be at Anfield. Such is the influence of the twelfth man, this time Lampard, Drogba and co. are confident the first leg being played at Anfield is actually reducing the Reds' advantage, hence a better chance of them progressing to the final.
OK lay people don't like to read football analysis in blogs. They'd rather go to SkySports or ESPN for words from experts. Kuyt scored yet again. Yeah. I'm always being sarcastic to him by saying I want a jersey with the number 18 at the back, but the thing is, he deserves the credit. He, despite all the things people say, scored in every stage in the competition so far. He got some other chances that he could've converted, but so does Torres. And Gerrard got his chances, too, but Cech is way too good. I still believe Cech, with all those headgears, still has the best reflexes in the world for a goalkeeper.
Liverpool dominated, should've scored more, but 1-0 is still a very good result to bring to Stamford Bridge. A very good result, not just decent. Because they don't have the away goal, and while trying to level the aggregate, they will always be nervous in conceding Liverpool's away goal. 4 minutes of injury time, and that's it. Sealed in a bag. Knock the ball around, no need to play around the corner flag, just hit the ball to the touchline and let them take their time from their throw-ins. 93:52, ball was thrown in at Liverpool's corner flag, Kalou got surrounded, hit an ambitious ball to the six-yard box, and GOAL! Wow what a feeling. It is already 94:00 on the referee's wrist, just clear the ball and the final whistle will be blown. But Riise had to do it in style, a spectacular diving header to the corner of the goal.
Well, I don't blame Riise. Surely now he is having a super hard time of his life, thinking every single moment until the final whistle of the second leg (which the pain might last even longer if it ends up goalless) "What the hell was I thinking? What the hell did I do?" As for me, wearing a Liverpool jersey is always a pride for me, win or lose. Usually, when losing, my head will be hung in dejection. But this time, just like when we lost against Barnsley, I just couldn't be sad. I just grinned, laughing in disbelief. Of the horrific, yet comical, end to the great hopes I've laid upon.
Hey it is not the end of the world. Chelsea, we will be supporting you this weekend, just like we did for Arsenal, but only for the weekend. As for the next leg, all we need is a goal, then it'll be just like Arsenal at Anfield that day. Score a goal, make sure we don't celebrate like Adebayor, amd make sure we don't concede a penalty immediately after scoring. But, the emphasis is, score. Then we can think of the possible consequences.
Rafa has never won at the Bridge. Maybe he can do it in the post-Mourinho era.
And hey, did anyone of you realized? Last time around, Chelsea also did not score their away goal. Let us hope the Riise goal won't haunt him for long.
As my previous post indicates, I'm super busy right now. I have, let me see, one test tomorrow, four projects to be submitted within the next seven days, and two presentations within the next fourteen days. I have tried to contain myself from not playing any games or watching movies or even blogging.
But it is Champions League, dude. It is my time of life. My tiny fraction of life that gives me joy more than anything.
Liverpool has (has or have? I'm still confused) drawn against Chelsea in the semifinals for the third time in four years. In the previous two occasions, Liverpool won both, both at Anfield. This time, the first leg will be at Anfield. Such is the influence of the twelfth man, this time Lampard, Drogba and co. are confident the first leg being played at Anfield is actually reducing the Reds' advantage, hence a better chance of them progressing to the final.
OK lay people don't like to read football analysis in blogs. They'd rather go to SkySports or ESPN for words from experts. Kuyt scored yet again. Yeah. I'm always being sarcastic to him by saying I want a jersey with the number 18 at the back, but the thing is, he deserves the credit. He, despite all the things people say, scored in every stage in the competition so far. He got some other chances that he could've converted, but so does Torres. And Gerrard got his chances, too, but Cech is way too good. I still believe Cech, with all those headgears, still has the best reflexes in the world for a goalkeeper.
Liverpool dominated, should've scored more, but 1-0 is still a very good result to bring to Stamford Bridge. A very good result, not just decent. Because they don't have the away goal, and while trying to level the aggregate, they will always be nervous in conceding Liverpool's away goal. 4 minutes of injury time, and that's it. Sealed in a bag. Knock the ball around, no need to play around the corner flag, just hit the ball to the touchline and let them take their time from their throw-ins. 93:52, ball was thrown in at Liverpool's corner flag, Kalou got surrounded, hit an ambitious ball to the six-yard box, and GOAL! Wow what a feeling. It is already 94:00 on the referee's wrist, just clear the ball and the final whistle will be blown. But Riise had to do it in style, a spectacular diving header to the corner of the goal.
Well, I don't blame Riise. Surely now he is having a super hard time of his life, thinking every single moment until the final whistle of the second leg (which the pain might last even longer if it ends up goalless) "What the hell was I thinking? What the hell did I do?" As for me, wearing a Liverpool jersey is always a pride for me, win or lose. Usually, when losing, my head will be hung in dejection. But this time, just like when we lost against Barnsley, I just couldn't be sad. I just grinned, laughing in disbelief. Of the horrific, yet comical, end to the great hopes I've laid upon.
Hey it is not the end of the world. Chelsea, we will be supporting you this weekend, just like we did for Arsenal, but only for the weekend. As for the next leg, all we need is a goal, then it'll be just like Arsenal at Anfield that day. Score a goal, make sure we don't celebrate like Adebayor, amd make sure we don't concede a penalty immediately after scoring. But, the emphasis is, score. Then we can think of the possible consequences.
Rafa has never won at the Bridge. Maybe he can do it in the post-Mourinho era.
And hey, did anyone of you realized? Last time around, Chelsea also did not score their away goal. Let us hope the Riise goal won't haunt him for long.
No comments:
Post a Comment