It has been quite awhile since I've last blogged (man I always start with this phrase everytime I go through a week of absence or so). Last week has been quite hectic for me, three papers separated evenly on Monday, Wednesday and Friday. Oh ya, I had a paper on Saturday, too, but it was less of importance I guess.
After that paper, I ate McD. My first time in four months. Thinking back of it, it was not that long. I thought I wanted to restrain myself from ever eating McD again (though I know it would be practically impossible) ever since I got out of the (at-least-)once-a-week McD routine during my eight-month internship. That was, in fact, my last McD meal before last weekend - it was at Kerteh, back in early January.
But why four months is seemingly such a long time? Because Ipoh sucks. McD is the grandest, most luxurious, most special, most mouth-watering fast food chain here. Ipoh has no Burger King, A&W, Carl's Jr, Chicken Rice Shop, what else could you think of? Ipoh does not have it. The only food Ipoh has is (are) McD (undoubtedly, since McD is everywhere, even if the island is inhibited by only one person), KFC and Pizza Hut. Oh ya, Ipoh also has Secret Recipe and Sushi King, but Secret Recipe isn't really a fast food chain (then again, Pizza Hut isn't, too) and Sushi King still does not have the halal logo.
OK so Ipoh is boring. My PSU (power supply unit) got burned a few weeks ago and currently I'm using my roommate's PSU which is I don't know how many watts. I got my 3870 for my birthday this year, it is a nice thingy, but it gets hot (everything does). Thing is, the current PSU I'm using can't support all the fans in my CPU, otherwise, excess electric current would flow through the wires and potentially zap everything along the way, waving bye-bye to my sweet motherboard, chips and stuff. I can't risk that (By the way, do you have any clue what am I talking about?) so I disconnected most of the fans. That makes the whole thingy hot. Now when I play my favourite game, Pro Evolution Soccer 2008, in three 10-minute matches, the graphics card gets so hot it automatically shuts down the whole system to prevent any damage on the thingy. That was previously. Now, after only one game, the thing shuts itself down.
So I went to KL (together with the Ipoh = boring reason) in my quest of a new PSU. Nobody wants to follow me, so I decided not to drive because it would be too costly and instead I'll board the bus. After stuffing a Big Mac (not Mega Mac, that thing looks muak) down my throat, I straight away board a bus to KL. Went to Low Yat, my PSU is out of stock! Damn. I spent thirteen dollars on the bus ticket only to be empty handed? No, I was not empty handed. The cash was in my hands but the thing I'm looking for is not available, so comes the inevitable. It is not good to have loads of cash in Low Yat. Never good.
Then I went home. My mom picked me up. On our way home, mommy introduced me to Subway sandwiches. Subway, like Sushi King, also lacked the halal logo, but as contrary to Sushi King, they did guarantee their customers that "All meats are Halal". The only thing is that they state it in Roman alphabets, not Arabic. Does it matter to me? Hell no. As long as somebody is taking responsibility of the halalness of the food, I'll definitely eat it. And, man, it was good. The nice thing I find about Subway sandwiches is that it isn't really a fast food thing. You queue up in the line, and at the bread section, you tell what bread you want, then you move to the fillings section, where you tell what meat you want, and what veges you want, then you tell what sauces you want. It is quite time-consuming, but I really like the whole customizable food concept. Subway is quite new to me, and I don't think you can find many of it around Malaysia.
The topic title, "Light Snack" actually has no relation with Big Mac or the Subway sandwiches. It is just some coincidence. I put that title to reflect what I want you to have. My blog readers must have been sick watching those molecules on front page. I mean, who blogs about their projects? How boring is that? Even if someone else want to blog about his/her project, I won't read it. So I wrote something lighter for my audience to digest, hence the title, "Light Snack". But is it light? Do you guys understand when I was babbling about PSUs just now? And when you have to scroll down to read the whole post, it is definitely not light. I'm sorry. I always fail to write short.
Hmm, I was thinking of writing something else actually. Oh well, later. No, not about football. It was something else.
After that paper, I ate McD. My first time in four months. Thinking back of it, it was not that long. I thought I wanted to restrain myself from ever eating McD again (though I know it would be practically impossible) ever since I got out of the (at-least-)once-a-week McD routine during my eight-month internship. That was, in fact, my last McD meal before last weekend - it was at Kerteh, back in early January.
But why four months is seemingly such a long time? Because Ipoh sucks. McD is the grandest, most luxurious, most special, most mouth-watering fast food chain here. Ipoh has no Burger King, A&W, Carl's Jr, Chicken Rice Shop, what else could you think of? Ipoh does not have it. The only food Ipoh has is (are) McD (undoubtedly, since McD is everywhere, even if the island is inhibited by only one person), KFC and Pizza Hut. Oh ya, Ipoh also has Secret Recipe and Sushi King, but Secret Recipe isn't really a fast food chain (then again, Pizza Hut isn't, too) and Sushi King still does not have the halal logo.
OK so Ipoh is boring. My PSU (power supply unit) got burned a few weeks ago and currently I'm using my roommate's PSU which is I don't know how many watts. I got my 3870 for my birthday this year, it is a nice thingy, but it gets hot (everything does). Thing is, the current PSU I'm using can't support all the fans in my CPU, otherwise, excess electric current would flow through the wires and potentially zap everything along the way, waving bye-bye to my sweet motherboard, chips and stuff. I can't risk that (By the way, do you have any clue what am I talking about?) so I disconnected most of the fans. That makes the whole thingy hot. Now when I play my favourite game, Pro Evolution Soccer 2008, in three 10-minute matches, the graphics card gets so hot it automatically shuts down the whole system to prevent any damage on the thingy. That was previously. Now, after only one game, the thing shuts itself down.
So I went to KL (together with the Ipoh = boring reason) in my quest of a new PSU. Nobody wants to follow me, so I decided not to drive because it would be too costly and instead I'll board the bus. After stuffing a Big Mac (not Mega Mac, that thing looks muak) down my throat, I straight away board a bus to KL. Went to Low Yat, my PSU is out of stock! Damn. I spent thirteen dollars on the bus ticket only to be empty handed? No, I was not empty handed. The cash was in my hands but the thing I'm looking for is not available, so comes the inevitable. It is not good to have loads of cash in Low Yat. Never good.
Then I went home. My mom picked me up. On our way home, mommy introduced me to Subway sandwiches. Subway, like Sushi King, also lacked the halal logo, but as contrary to Sushi King, they did guarantee their customers that "All meats are Halal". The only thing is that they state it in Roman alphabets, not Arabic. Does it matter to me? Hell no. As long as somebody is taking responsibility of the halalness of the food, I'll definitely eat it. And, man, it was good. The nice thing I find about Subway sandwiches is that it isn't really a fast food thing. You queue up in the line, and at the bread section, you tell what bread you want, then you move to the fillings section, where you tell what meat you want, and what veges you want, then you tell what sauces you want. It is quite time-consuming, but I really like the whole customizable food concept. Subway is quite new to me, and I don't think you can find many of it around Malaysia.
The topic title, "Light Snack" actually has no relation with Big Mac or the Subway sandwiches. It is just some coincidence. I put that title to reflect what I want you to have. My blog readers must have been sick watching those molecules on front page. I mean, who blogs about their projects? How boring is that? Even if someone else want to blog about his/her project, I won't read it. So I wrote something lighter for my audience to digest, hence the title, "Light Snack". But is it light? Do you guys understand when I was babbling about PSUs just now? And when you have to scroll down to read the whole post, it is definitely not light. I'm sorry. I always fail to write short.
Hmm, I was thinking of writing something else actually. Oh well, later. No, not about football. It was something else.
uh
ReplyDeletedude you can just rant about anything and i'll still read it.
but that PSU thingy, it's a little hard to digest. probably just me though. so dont bother.
where the hell did you get the Subwayyyy in KL ????
ReplyDeletetell me, tell me, tell me!
i know i sound like a total jakun. ahha but its either i know but i forgot where is it, or.... i noticed it but i dont really care, or... whateva reason!
tell me, tell me, tell me!
it might sounds annoying, but SOMETIMES, i really miss/need the convenience of KL. we dont even have Burger King here. >.>
p.s. but THAT feeling will end soon! im graduaaatinggg ^_^v
They got one Subway in 1U though. Go to the Giant section (new wing) and you'll find it.
ReplyDeleteIt has been my lunch since I started working. -_-
wow cpat tol aku dpt 3 comments
ReplyDeletehaha sedap kan subway?
the great thing about subway is it is totally customizable, making it unboring
not like big mac
or even probably whopper
the subway i mentioned is, um, i dunno how to describe
dekat ngan umah aku
dekat ngan ldp
dekat ngan giant yg dekat ldp
tapi bukan kat giant
haha