17 August 2008

Nisfu Shaaban

In commemorating Nisfu Shaaban, although I don't have much to write, but I'll just write something to mark the day.

'A-isha, the Mother of the Believers (Allah be pleased with her), reported that the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) used to observe fasts (so continuously) that we said that he would not break, and did not observe (them) till we said that he would not fast: and I did not see the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) completing the fast of a month, but that of Ramadan, and I did not see him fasting more in any other month than that of Sha'ban.
(Sahih Muslim)

Well, I have been super lazy lately. Even when I woke up at 2 and did not eat until 6 or 7, I still refuse to fast. Actually, if I want to fast, I have to decide that before Zuhur. Still, knowing I would be eating that late, I could've decided to fast the night before. Tomorrow is Nisfu Shaaban, literally translating into half of Shaaban (Shaaban itself is literally translated into separation or dispersion because the Badwis had to disperse for water), a date which is said to be the start of the new record book is opened. Just as the new football season has started, our own 'season' has started. Optimism is the key. Let us make this year a better year than the last.

For me, when I write these sort of things, it makes me look like a good person, like a religious person. I am not, but I wish to be. By giving the impression that I am good, there will be expectations of how I should behave. When my behaviour is failing some of the people's expectations towards me, I am hoping for some feedback and advice to guide me into the straight path. I hope I wake up for Subuh.

3 comments:

  1. apsal i hope i wake up for subuh tu font color lain?muahahahahhahaha
    alarm clock ada,ros ada,xkn susah lg kot?:P
    nway,nk carbonara free!!!
    *winks*

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha bajet wink kat aku aku cair la? =P
    gi tanye big boss leh dpt carbonara free tak =P

    ReplyDelete
  3. SALAM ZIARAH DARI DUBLIN.. JEMPUT2 LA SINGGAH MY BLOG.. :)

    ReplyDelete