When you have a great time, when you are enjoying yourself doing certain things or owning certain items, you ought to owe it to somebody. When you get a birthday present, you thank the person giving it to you. When somebody brought you to some unforgettable experience, you thank that person for inviting you. Or if you just feel happy for no reason you can think of, you thank Him for making such a beautiful day for you.
There is this urge for me to thank somebody for something that I have that has changed my life. Something that I cannot possibly repay. For that, I'm just hoping to pay a tribute, although this tribute will very much be negligible to him anyway.
Jack Black paid tribute to the world's greatest song with a great song of his band Tenacious D, Tribute. I can never pay a tribute like that, something of such high artistry and fame, known all over the world. My blog is read by a very tiny fraction of human beings on this planet, and the significance is even smaller.
I just hope that there will be some random fans googling for something and somehow got themselves here. That in fact, the world's greatest album is Frances the Mute, and that the people acknowledging it as the greatest album got that absolutely right.
I really wish I could write a better tribute than this, but everytime I try to elaborate on the tiny little things in this such piece of art, I get myself too carried away and start writing lengthy strings of nonsense. Thing is, art is incredibly subjective, and it will be close to impossible to describe.
But every single time I'm listening to it, I havelittle no doubt in mind that what I'm hearing is indeed, the greatest album in the world.
There is this urge for me to thank somebody for something that I have that has changed my life. Something that I cannot possibly repay. For that, I'm just hoping to pay a tribute, although this tribute will very much be negligible to him anyway.
Jack Black paid tribute to the world's greatest song with a great song of his band Tenacious D, Tribute. I can never pay a tribute like that, something of such high artistry and fame, known all over the world. My blog is read by a very tiny fraction of human beings on this planet, and the significance is even smaller.
I just hope that there will be some random fans googling for something and somehow got themselves here. That in fact, the world's greatest album is Frances the Mute, and that the people acknowledging it as the greatest album got that absolutely right.
I really wish I could write a better tribute than this, but everytime I try to elaborate on the tiny little things in this such piece of art, I get myself too carried away and start writing lengthy strings of nonsense. Thing is, art is incredibly subjective, and it will be close to impossible to describe.
But every single time I'm listening to it, I have
hmm good point, if i were to give a tribute to something... it'd be..
ReplyDeletethe movie, Blades of Glory.
always, ALWAYS lift me up. in so many focking ways, anytime! so seriously, thx for making such a fu-focking-ny movie! hahaa
do u know, when u pay a tribute like this, u actually MIGHT draw new fans to like the album? haha so yes, i'd lend my ears to the album!
x)
blades of glory? will ferrell and jon heder? thought that was a stupid movie, haha
ReplyDeletemaybe i have to try and watch it
i do hope i can draw more fans of this album
i hate to say this, because it sounds harsh, but, only people who appreciates art knows that this is the best album in the world =P
oh u shouldddddddd.... it aint no "scary movie" type. haha i mean for a comedy it scores big time.
ReplyDeletewell, FOR ME la! ;P