Valentine's Day special. Sigh. Why must tv channels have special shows on St. Valentine's Day? In fact, why must there be special shows for any reason? I hate watching tv when the time of year is approaching Christmas or Hari Raya or Chinese New Year because all channels will start to be oriented toward the festival. People won't watch romantic shows on St. Valentine's Day for love's sake. They would rather go out or have dinner or something.
By the way, why am I here, blogging, on St. Valentine's Day? Shouldn't I be out or something? Well, why must we go out on this day? All other couples would also want to go out on this day, and by joining them, you are making the world even more crowded. If really you would want to celebrate the spirit of love with your special one, there're a lot of other days that would - with high probability - be much less crowded. (I don't know how crowded it might be out there, actually. I'm just exaggerating.) Plus, I don't celebrate St. Valentine's Day. It's a saint day, a Christian thing. As a Muslim, I should not be following a Christian tradition (2:120). No offense to the Christians, because I do think celebrating Christmas (or any other religious festivals for that matter - Vesak, Deepavali) is good to promote muhibbah spirit in our multiracial, multicultural country, but celebrating St. Valentine's Day is not something that will bridge cultural differences, and moreover, it is an intimate celebration, not a mass party.
But I do celebrate Mother's Day and Father's Day, though. Why? First of all, I don't think it is a religious celebration. Second, celebrating those days doesn't mean you love your parents only for those two days and being a completely ignorant child for the rest of the year. And most importantly for me, I find that Mother's and Father's Day are much more special than their birthdays because it is celebrating their parenthood, and that is indeed a very big accomplishment. Everyone has a birthday, but not everyone can have a Mother's or Father's Day.
Oh ya, I haven't been blogging for quite a while. Being in this grape business is not very happening, so to say. Last Australian Open, I suddenly got hooked into the mood, watching hours of tennis everyday. I found out that tennis is quite good, actually. It is wonderful to see how technical these players are to place their tiny little green ball inside the court. To a certain extent, it is almost like a football player placing their shot right into the top or bottom corner. The only difference is the goalmouth is vertical whereas the tennis court is flat on the ground. But, watching a repeating task for hours is quite tiring (or rather boring), which is something like basketball. You watch the ball go into the basket so many times, it does not exhilirate you anymore, not like when you see the ball hits the back of the net.
And now, golf is on the back page of the newspaper! I'm not a great fan of golf, but I read that Danny Chia, our proud Malaysian, hit two eagles yesterday! I can't even do that in a video game, let alone on real grass. It's good to promote a sport held in Malaysia, and it is even better that a Malaysian is leading the scoreboard. Perhaps he will be the inspiration of thousands of Malaysian golfers who might want to change their careers from the boring CEO job to a professional golfer. I know my father is a golf enthusiast, and so does his friends, and some of my uncles, and cousins-in-law. This is a US$2m tournament, mind you. It is even bigger than Chong Wei's Malaysian Open win.
And what else circulating around the world? Hmm, nothing much.
uyt najmie
ReplyDeleteape bikin sekarang?
tadek keja kosong ke?:D
hehe
hahaha cant help to laugh at
ReplyDelete"from the boring CEO job..."
boring huh? :)
tade keje kosong la
ReplyDeleteskang aku tanam anggur, tapi aku bukan boss
yup, to CEO's, their job is boring
they'd rather be a professional golfer
i think so