24 March 2009

What a Week of Football

I was hanging out with my ex-schoolmates that day - it has been quite awhile since we last got together - and perhaps it was inevitable that the conversation would touch some football. Turns out, this friend of mine is a Real Madrid fan. Yeah, right, everyone can claim they're a Real Madrid or a Barcelona fan and say La Liga simply plays more entertaining football than Premier League. Fact is, he is not some poser, he is a real Real fan. He even watches the live games when nobody bothers to. (Mind you, Primera Liga's matches are played at night which translates to 3 or 4 am in Malaysia.)

A month ago, I posted 7 Points, showing how dissimiliar Liverpool's and Real's situations are, despite both clubs trailing their league leaders by the same seven points. Well, how quickly can things turn around. Now the English Premier League leaders are still smarting from their first back-to-back defeats in 147 games, while the Spanish Primera Liga leaders are buoyant from their 6-0 thrashing of Malaga.

There are so much facts and figures concerning both results that even Martin Tyler can't afford to cover everything.

And, oh yeah, Rafa signed a new deal. I'm certain some of my friends won't be too happy, but I'm just a little too optimistic, I guess. Or they would rather put it as non-realistic. Anyway, this is a very interesting blog post by Geoff Shreeves of SkySports. The title is "No cracks for Rafa - Geoff Shreeves says Rafa Benitez may appear hard boiled, but ultimately he's a good egg..." which sounds quite funny!

He mentioned how surprised he was when Andy Gray got his Rafa's first 11 prediction correct! And he got another surprise when Rafa decided to let Gerrard seek for his hattrick, which he usually does not. It was a very good and simple article that I would almost agree upon everything in there.

Well I guess there's more to life than football. But damn I just can't get enough of it. (But I don't watch internationals, though, so maybe I can get a 'good' rest this weekend.)

No comments:

Post a Comment