I wish I'd written more here.
For once, I'd like to show the world how thankful I am - thankful to everyone - thankful to Allah, for everything, some people chose not to believe in God (and they have their strong arguments for their stand) but I can't, my life is too wonderful, it cannot be a mere coincidence that my life is so blissful without His will.
Thank you to my parents, the two most important people in my life. I won't be able to find the suitable superlatives to describe how much they've done for me. At my age, I should start contributing to them, and yet, they still contribute me way more than what I can contribute to them - and mind you, I'm not just talking about money, I'm talking about time, effort, energy, emotions, love, those priceless stuffs.
And the rest, which the list is unthinkably long. No, it is not an exaggeration. If I were to write an acceptance speech for an award, God knows how many kilometres my to-thank list would be. From the closest people in my life, family members, friends, down to the 'insignificant people' that has made my life better, the driver who gave me way in the middle of a stressful traffic jam, the baby who waved to me with the most innocent smile, the book author who won't even know how much the writings meant to the readers. There's a lot of people I have to thank, for an equally infinite reasons.
On the other hand, I have countless apologies I owe people of. The things I did, or - more oftenly - the things I didn't. I slipped my tongue way too often, despite warnings that whatever that will come out from the mouth shall be approved by the brain department first. I said nasty things that I would not have said had I spent a few more seconds more on thinking. I hesitate to much to lend a helping hand. More often than not, I don't help at all. I expect people to come to my wedding, when I myself did not attend a lot of weddings.
No, I didn't write this because I'm getting married, or because I'm dying. (No, I'm not dying. I am perfectly happy and healthy, and I don't forecast my own death. Should I die within close interval from this blog post, that would be a pure coincidence, and was never predicted.) This is merely a long overdue blog post. I love you guys, everyone. Thank you God for making this mortal life so wonderful, no wonder why people fear death. And I am sorry for all the things I've done or not done. Sometimes, I hate myself for those things. I wish I could be a better person. I wish I would do something. And yet, I still do nothing.
"Treat people how you like to be treated."
I preach people that, and yet I myself am a horrible practitioner of that principle.
For once, I'd like to show the world how thankful I am - thankful to everyone - thankful to Allah, for everything, some people chose not to believe in God (and they have their strong arguments for their stand) but I can't, my life is too wonderful, it cannot be a mere coincidence that my life is so blissful without His will.
Thank you to my parents, the two most important people in my life. I won't be able to find the suitable superlatives to describe how much they've done for me. At my age, I should start contributing to them, and yet, they still contribute me way more than what I can contribute to them - and mind you, I'm not just talking about money, I'm talking about time, effort, energy, emotions, love, those priceless stuffs.
And the rest, which the list is unthinkably long. No, it is not an exaggeration. If I were to write an acceptance speech for an award, God knows how many kilometres my to-thank list would be. From the closest people in my life, family members, friends, down to the 'insignificant people' that has made my life better, the driver who gave me way in the middle of a stressful traffic jam, the baby who waved to me with the most innocent smile, the book author who won't even know how much the writings meant to the readers. There's a lot of people I have to thank, for an equally infinite reasons.
On the other hand, I have countless apologies I owe people of. The things I did, or - more oftenly - the things I didn't. I slipped my tongue way too often, despite warnings that whatever that will come out from the mouth shall be approved by the brain department first. I said nasty things that I would not have said had I spent a few more seconds more on thinking. I hesitate to much to lend a helping hand. More often than not, I don't help at all. I expect people to come to my wedding, when I myself did not attend a lot of weddings.
No, I didn't write this because I'm getting married, or because I'm dying. (No, I'm not dying. I am perfectly happy and healthy, and I don't forecast my own death. Should I die within close interval from this blog post, that would be a pure coincidence, and was never predicted.) This is merely a long overdue blog post. I love you guys, everyone. Thank you God for making this mortal life so wonderful, no wonder why people fear death. And I am sorry for all the things I've done or not done. Sometimes, I hate myself for those things. I wish I could be a better person. I wish I would do something. And yet, I still do nothing.
"Treat people how you like to be treated."
I preach people that, and yet I myself am a horrible practitioner of that principle.
No comments:
Post a Comment