
Liverpool made me pay for my crime of missing yet another match: by putting four past Toulouse.
I've vowed not to miss a match this season, mainly because by experience, I've missed some memorable Liverpool matches which initially I never thought would turned up to be that memorable.
However, this season, still early, I've missed three already. The first leg against Toulouse, because of stupid ASTRO, against Chelsea due to unavoidable and forgivable circumstances, and the second leg versus Toulouse.
Why I missed this time? I set my alarm on my handphone at 1.45 am. Little do I remember that my handphone swapped the am and pm. So at 1.45 am, my handphone showed 1.45 pm, therefore the alarm did not go off.
I woke up at 3.30 am, "Damn, I missed it again." I opened gamecast on soccernet.com, Liverpool is leading 1-0 courtesy of Crouchy's goal. Good. So I continued sleeping.
Lessons learned: number one, never give up watching even if there's 30 minutes left, and sure of winning, and number two, get your house your own ASTRO. Practical work is taking a toll on me, it is severely jeopardizing my attempt to watch all Liverpool's competitive matches. It seems that now sleep is more important than anything, to such extent that I've a Liverpool match would come across my sleep, I'll opt the latter.
Crouchy scored. But he could've scored more. I've seen him last season, and I said "This guy will be Liverpool's 30-goal a season man." I do not know at that time that Torres will be at Liverpool today. Eto'o or Villa seemed a more probable inclusion at that time. The goal he scored, you can see how clinical he is, how useful his height, and length for this matter, is. However, at times, as seen with numerous sitters he missed before the goal, you get frustrated at how wasteful, unclinical he is.
Then Hyypia. I see his face, it is starting to show the age. It comes with the experience he has. He just recovered from a broken nose, and yet he took the armband, and wore it majestically. Though the header was one of the simplest I've seen, it is always great and I'm always happy for him to score. I remembered when he was a captain, he even lifted (literally) the UEFA Cup, FA Cup and League Cup during his captaincy. When Gerrard took over the armband, he was never off form, it just so happens that Gerrard was on fire, and showed stronger determination to influence his teammates. It is one of the most professional character he showed when he handed over the captaincy and still play at his best. I don't know how old he is, but I've always liked him, and still am. It is good that he still gets to play, and even better when he underlines his experience with goals and clean sheets.
And then Kuyt's brace. The first one is beautiful, the one-two with Babel, and the second one, though I hate Benayoun because he's an Israeli, but I have to say the way he waited to pass, then slotted beautifully into the path of Kuyt, was amazing. Kuyt, I'd prefer Crouch over him. He is a model of hardworker, runs all the time, always go down to win balls and sometimes help the defence, but I don't like these kind of players. I mean I like overly enthusiast players who put their hearts out in matches, but it has to be fruitful, otherwise pointless. Gerrard shoots countless times in every match, occasionally he hits his target and ultimately the back of the net. When he does, noone will remember his misses. Kuyt often frustrates me with his incredible diligence yet unclinical finish, but last night he proved how clinical he is. Two well taken goals, and lets hope he will continue like this. All four Liverpool strikers are incredible at this moment, it is exciting for us fans to watch them perform and trying to outdo each other for a place in the starting line up. For now, Rafa's rotation policy seems perfect, the strikers are coping well, and let's hope it'll continue to be.
With this kind of form, hopefully coupled with consistency, I really believe the title will return to Anfield come May. And hopefully big ears, too.
I've vowed not to miss a match this season, mainly because by experience, I've missed some memorable Liverpool matches which initially I never thought would turned up to be that memorable.
However, this season, still early, I've missed three already. The first leg against Toulouse, because of stupid ASTRO, against Chelsea due to unavoidable and forgivable circumstances, and the second leg versus Toulouse.
Why I missed this time? I set my alarm on my handphone at 1.45 am. Little do I remember that my handphone swapped the am and pm. So at 1.45 am, my handphone showed 1.45 pm, therefore the alarm did not go off.
I woke up at 3.30 am, "Damn, I missed it again." I opened gamecast on soccernet.com, Liverpool is leading 1-0 courtesy of Crouchy's goal. Good. So I continued sleeping.
Lessons learned: number one, never give up watching even if there's 30 minutes left, and sure of winning, and number two, get your house your own ASTRO. Practical work is taking a toll on me, it is severely jeopardizing my attempt to watch all Liverpool's competitive matches. It seems that now sleep is more important than anything, to such extent that I've a Liverpool match would come across my sleep, I'll opt the latter.
Crouchy scored. But he could've scored more. I've seen him last season, and I said "This guy will be Liverpool's 30-goal a season man." I do not know at that time that Torres will be at Liverpool today. Eto'o or Villa seemed a more probable inclusion at that time. The goal he scored, you can see how clinical he is, how useful his height, and length for this matter, is. However, at times, as seen with numerous sitters he missed before the goal, you get frustrated at how wasteful, unclinical he is.
Then Hyypia. I see his face, it is starting to show the age. It comes with the experience he has. He just recovered from a broken nose, and yet he took the armband, and wore it majestically. Though the header was one of the simplest I've seen, it is always great and I'm always happy for him to score. I remembered when he was a captain, he even lifted (literally) the UEFA Cup, FA Cup and League Cup during his captaincy. When Gerrard took over the armband, he was never off form, it just so happens that Gerrard was on fire, and showed stronger determination to influence his teammates. It is one of the most professional character he showed when he handed over the captaincy and still play at his best. I don't know how old he is, but I've always liked him, and still am. It is good that he still gets to play, and even better when he underlines his experience with goals and clean sheets.
And then Kuyt's brace. The first one is beautiful, the one-two with Babel, and the second one, though I hate Benayoun because he's an Israeli, but I have to say the way he waited to pass, then slotted beautifully into the path of Kuyt, was amazing. Kuyt, I'd prefer Crouch over him. He is a model of hardworker, runs all the time, always go down to win balls and sometimes help the defence, but I don't like these kind of players. I mean I like overly enthusiast players who put their hearts out in matches, but it has to be fruitful, otherwise pointless. Gerrard shoots countless times in every match, occasionally he hits his target and ultimately the back of the net. When he does, noone will remember his misses. Kuyt often frustrates me with his incredible diligence yet unclinical finish, but last night he proved how clinical he is. Two well taken goals, and lets hope he will continue like this. All four Liverpool strikers are incredible at this moment, it is exciting for us fans to watch them perform and trying to outdo each other for a place in the starting line up. For now, Rafa's rotation policy seems perfect, the strikers are coping well, and let's hope it'll continue to be.
With this kind of form, hopefully coupled with consistency, I really believe the title will return to Anfield come May. And hopefully big ears, too.
No comments:
Post a Comment