26 August 2007

Sunderland 0-2 Liverpool: Goal for Sissoko!



Another EPL week.

But not an ordinary one of course. I've vowed not to miss any of Liverpool's competitive matches this season (though I've already missed two due to unavoidable circumstances) because for the past two seasons, I've missed some notably memorable matches, among them are Alonso's goals from his own half and Liverpool's 7-0 thrashing away from home.

Yesterday, I managed to witness something totally historic: Sissoko's first goal. Sissoko is incredibly robust and a good ball winner, but he has horrible passing and shooting, often losing the ball as easily as he won it. So it is a dream for Liverpool fans for him to hit the target and more importantly score. As Martin Tyler and Andy Gray (my favorite commentators) put it, "He replaces Gerrard, and did what Gerrard would do."

Too bad we lost two central defenders in one match. Elsewhere Voronin showed he is a capable goalscorer with another goal, Torres, I felt he showed accuracy (with a number of shots on target) and agility (when he made the 1 on 1 chance by himself) but lacked the ability to put the ball beyond the goalie's reach, or rather I should say, Gordon had an excellent match. I see great hope that Torres will adapt very quick into the English's playstyle, and ultimately score a hatful of goals.

Even Keane said Liverpool is good enough to win the league. Keane, let's hope you're right.

No comments:

Post a Comment