Beijing 2008 has started since 08.08.08 08:08pm, and I haven't posted anything about it yet. Talking about ignorant.
I love these humongous sporting events. Although I do not love them more than big international football tournaments, these sporting events offer something different if not more special. If Euros and World Cups offers around three to four channels, sporting events like the Olympics and Commonwealth Games can offer up to ten or more channels. The fun thing about it is the variety of the games offered and the wide span of viewing time, unlike football tournaments where the viewing time is very rigid (you don't want to watch football replays, but in sports like this, you don't really mind).
The wide variety of sports that the period of event has to offer is something to be enjoyed. You don't watch weightlifting, track cycling, diving, rowing, whitewater canoeing and those type of stuffs very often (although I should say, Asian Games has an even wider range of variety in the events offered like squash, rugby, bowling, sepaktakraw, kabaddi). Some of the events, you don't know it exists as a competitive sports. It draws your attention to observe the rules of the games and how good are these players in performing such tasks.
But it sucks big time that I'm stuck in my university with limited ASTRO viewing time. I love the life when I wake up at I don't know what time, walk to the living room where I'll find the remote control and just browse through the sports channels and watch whatever that catches my attention.
I'm currently updating the Wikipedia page on the Malaysians' performance in this edition's Olympics. Talking about White and Nerdy, I really am, huh? Haha. (Psst, check out at the bottom of the badminton section, try to highlight the text, there should be a hidden text there.) This is the first time I have dedicated myself in editing a Wikipedia page. I hope this will be a one-time only. Maintaining a Wikipedia page sure is tiring and time-consuming. Anyways, it is quite a disappointment, to project who they (the shuttlers) will face in the quarters and their possible opponents in the semis, only to know that they did not advance. At the current time of writing, only Chong Wei stands a chance to win a medal (hopefully gold) in badminton for us. I know he is damn good, and he is also our most consistent shuttler, so let us just hope that he will not crumble under the pressure (that he is the only surviving shuttler fighting for the elusive gold medal). In other sports, we can rely some hope on cycling as well as some tiny little optimism in archery, because we still have an individual surviving up to the last 16 already now.
And in the midst of sporting frenzy, there are footballers (some of the teams lacking some players because they have to be in Beijing) playing faraway in Europe for a place in the most lucrative club competition in the world. Liverpool - lacking Mascherano (Argentina), Lucas (Brazil) and Babel (the Netherlands) - had to travel to Belgium to face the national champions, Standard Liege. On the paper, it should be an easy task, although it might be quite tricky. I like the fact that Liverpool are releasing their players for national duty, unlike Barcelona, Schalke, Hamburg and those clubs who are so unwilling to release their players in this once-in-a-lifetime experience to be an Olympian (this is not like World Cup where you get to play for your country until you're 40 as long as you qualify). But even with the lack of central midfielders, considering the impressive pre-season performances, the youngsters should be good enough to pair Alonso in the middle of the park.
Unfortunately, Liverpool turned on a horror show, wasting more than two hours of my precious life playing some shitty football. 0-0 is a horrible result away from home, considering they can qualify if they get a scoring draw at Anfield. But if you consider the chances that they had (one off the line by Reina, and another heroic penalty save by him), 0-0 is far much better than a loss. If you watch how they play, Liverpool might end up like Rangers. My God that is unthinkable. But so does the Rangers' fans before their match.
Man, all those optimism. Gone. But I shouldn't lose hope. After all, I'm just a fan. They are the warriors. C'mon Chong Wei. C'mon you Reds.
I love these humongous sporting events. Although I do not love them more than big international football tournaments, these sporting events offer something different if not more special. If Euros and World Cups offers around three to four channels, sporting events like the Olympics and Commonwealth Games can offer up to ten or more channels. The fun thing about it is the variety of the games offered and the wide span of viewing time, unlike football tournaments where the viewing time is very rigid (you don't want to watch football replays, but in sports like this, you don't really mind).
The wide variety of sports that the period of event has to offer is something to be enjoyed. You don't watch weightlifting, track cycling, diving, rowing, whitewater canoeing and those type of stuffs very often (although I should say, Asian Games has an even wider range of variety in the events offered like squash, rugby, bowling, sepaktakraw, kabaddi). Some of the events, you don't know it exists as a competitive sports. It draws your attention to observe the rules of the games and how good are these players in performing such tasks.
But it sucks big time that I'm stuck in my university with limited ASTRO viewing time. I love the life when I wake up at I don't know what time, walk to the living room where I'll find the remote control and just browse through the sports channels and watch whatever that catches my attention.
I'm currently updating the Wikipedia page on the Malaysians' performance in this edition's Olympics. Talking about White and Nerdy, I really am, huh? Haha. (Psst, check out at the bottom of the badminton section, try to highlight the text, there should be a hidden text there.) This is the first time I have dedicated myself in editing a Wikipedia page. I hope this will be a one-time only. Maintaining a Wikipedia page sure is tiring and time-consuming. Anyways, it is quite a disappointment, to project who they (the shuttlers) will face in the quarters and their possible opponents in the semis, only to know that they did not advance. At the current time of writing, only Chong Wei stands a chance to win a medal (hopefully gold) in badminton for us. I know he is damn good, and he is also our most consistent shuttler, so let us just hope that he will not crumble under the pressure (that he is the only surviving shuttler fighting for the elusive gold medal). In other sports, we can rely some hope on cycling as well as some tiny little optimism in archery, because we still have an individual surviving up to the last 16 already now.
And in the midst of sporting frenzy, there are footballers (some of the teams lacking some players because they have to be in Beijing) playing faraway in Europe for a place in the most lucrative club competition in the world. Liverpool - lacking Mascherano (Argentina), Lucas (Brazil) and Babel (the Netherlands) - had to travel to Belgium to face the national champions, Standard Liege. On the paper, it should be an easy task, although it might be quite tricky. I like the fact that Liverpool are releasing their players for national duty, unlike Barcelona, Schalke, Hamburg and those clubs who are so unwilling to release their players in this once-in-a-lifetime experience to be an Olympian (this is not like World Cup where you get to play for your country until you're 40 as long as you qualify). But even with the lack of central midfielders, considering the impressive pre-season performances, the youngsters should be good enough to pair Alonso in the middle of the park.
Unfortunately, Liverpool turned on a horror show, wasting more than two hours of my precious life playing some shitty football. 0-0 is a horrible result away from home, considering they can qualify if they get a scoring draw at Anfield. But if you consider the chances that they had (one off the line by Reina, and another heroic penalty save by him), 0-0 is far much better than a loss. If you watch how they play, Liverpool might end up like Rangers. My God that is unthinkable. But so does the Rangers' fans before their match.
Man, all those optimism. Gone. But I shouldn't lose hope. After all, I'm just a fan. They are the warriors. C'mon Chong Wei. C'mon you Reds.
FRICKING LOLLLLLLZZZZZZZZ AT THE HIDDEN TEXT!!!
ReplyDeletehahahahahahahahahha xP
nice huh?
ReplyDeletehoho
Quote : "But it sucks big time that I'm stuck in my university with limited ASTRO viewing time"
ReplyDeletelimited ke? mapley limited ke??
welkam amir!
ReplyDeleteaku ckp 'university with limited astro viewing time' maksud aku, aku malas kuar bilik, dan astro takde kat bilik, haha